MOVIE That I Just Saw.

“The Equalizer 3” (2023, Netflix) vigilante action-thriller. Loosely based on the 1980s television series of the same name, the film stars Denzel Washington as retired U.S. Marine and DIA officer Robert McCall. I saw I and II and I was a follower of the Edward Woodward TV original. So I know what I’m gonna get here from the get go, all directed by the unfailing actioner Antoine Fuqua. He had me at hello per 2001’s “Training Day.”



       And yes! Mr Fuqua teamed up with Mr Washington is a winner. But as I’ve said, I knew what I’m gonna get in this Equalizer banger. The good killah cut `em all down like tortilla pins in a bowling alley, easy. The same clinical agility and swashbuckling finesse of all the John dudes of stylized mayhem. John Rambo, John McClane, John Wick. Thank God, McCall’s first name isn’t John but Robert, not so action hero-like? But equally armored with vicious cool albeit with almost zero weaponry other than his arms and wily smirk of a smile that yes, of course, melts a lady’s heart.   

       This time, McCall is in southern Italy, in a small town along the Amalfi Coast, pitted against a wicked wing of the Camorra crime organization. Yup, all by himself. Fact is, even if Camorra teams up with the 'Ndrangheta and the Sicilian Cosa Nostra, McCall can handle them, no problemo. Bring it! All the way to Part 4? 🎥👍📽

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Mayor of Kingstown." Season 3.

“Tulsa King.” “The Outsider.”

TV Series Notebook: The Mosquito Coast.