“Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes."

Movie: “Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes” (2024, Hulu) science fiction action, takes place 300 years after the events of War (and death of Caesar) and follows Noa, a young chimpanzee who embarks on a journey alongside Mae, a human woman, to determine the future for apes and humans alike. I enjoyed this movie--as I equally enjoyed other “Planet…” movies of the popular franchise since I was a little boy.



       In between the 1968 movie, starring Charlton Heston and the 1974 TV series, with Roddy McDowall as Galen (he also played Caesar in other movie versions), I read the English version of the 1963 novel “La Planete des singes” by Pierre Boulle. The more that my interest heightened.

       As of May 2024, there are 10 “Planet of the Apes” movies. I saw all of them. This year's “Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes” is a standalone sequel to 2017's “War for the Planet of the Apes.” 

       Except with William H. Macy as the opportunistic human Trevathan, the other actors are basically unknown, including the leads Owen Teague as Noa and Freya Allan as Mae. I didn't miss the amazing Andy Serkis, the performance capture acting wizard, as Caesar. 

       Visual effects are not exaggerated, and finely complemented the fluid ensemble acting. The storyline channeled sincerity and thoughtfulness and a not too-dramatic insight. Other critics, of course, noted some flaws. But I am alright. 🎥💻📽

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Mayor of Kingstown." Season 3.

“Tulsa King.” “The Outsider.”

TV Series Notebook: The Mosquito Coast.