“It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia” (Hulu) 16 Seasons. Sitcom, follows the exploits of "The Gang,” a group of narcissistic and sociopathic friends who run the Irish dive bar Paddy's Pub in South Philadelphia but spend most of their free time drinking, scheming, arguing among themselves, and plotting elaborate cons against others, and at times each other, for personal benefit, financial gain, revenge, or simply due to boredom or inebriation.



       I have wallowed in the inane shenanigans of Charlie Day, Glenn Howerton, Rob McElhenney, Kaitlin Olson, and Danny DeVito for years now that I didn’t notice that I just completed 16 seasons! The jokes are frat house juvenile, the antics are high school crassness but hell I cared? LOL! These low comedic leisure programs balanced the high-handed depth and mind-boggling intellectualism of the other series in my huge watch list. Besides, the Gang’s mischief is “better” than the political humor that amuses this side and infuriates that side these days. At least, “It’s Always…” doesn’t pretend to be “socially aware” or politically correct. They simply make us laugh, that is, if we can still remember laughter? 

       Set aside that unnecessary “poop” episode that drove my living room BFF to give the show up, I carried on in my bedroom. But I didn’t dig the Season 15 Ireland jaunt at all. Not funny. But, I guess, I already had enough, too much, of “It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.” Sixteen seasons or 170 episodes, since 2005, is quite long, ain’t it? 🎥📺📽


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Mayor of Kingstown." Season 3.

“Tulsa King.” “The Outsider.”

TV Series Notebook: The Mosquito Coast.